Monday, May 7, 2007

Yes, you can wear a pre-tied bow tie!

My dear gentlemen of the chorus,

It seems her Ladyship was a bit over zealous in her condemnation of the pre-tied bow tie. As was pointed out to her Ladyship privately (again) it is indeed imposible to distinguish a pre-tied bow from a self-tied bow from the audience in a concert hall.

So, yes in fact it is perfectly acceptable to make it as easy on one's self as possible. No problem. Forgive her Ladyship.

If however you find yourself invited to a blacktie affair where you will be meeting your adoring public up close please do consider the self-tied version, her Ladyship still feels that this says that you are familiar and comfortable the customs of elegance and style. If you feel this marks you as a fopish dandy and that your manhood cannot tolerate this then do what you must for your deamons are not her Ladyship's deamons (and Lord knows we all have our own don't we) and she cannot therfore help you exorcise them...other than to refer one to Lord Whimsey who expounds on the perils of sportswear in his excelent tome, "The Affected Privincial's Companion"

With humility,
Lady Prisspott

1 comment:

sister chaos said...

My dear lady,

I'm reluctant to write anything, for I have a deplorable sense of style. Actually, I lack style completely.

However, I did want to let you know that I tremendously enjoy reading your writings here and do learn from them.

Of course, in my advanced age, I'm not likely to remember much once I close the screen, but the intent is true.

Yours always,
~chaos